Esse Quam Videri
to be rather than to seem to be
At S. Anselm’s our combination of tradition and informality engender a sense of partnership between teacher and pupil. We share the excitement of education and discovery, encouraging method and perseverance so that children experience the satisfaction of taking responsibility for their learning and for their achievements.
S. Anselm’s School:
- encourages individuality, creativity, perseverance and tolerance
- develops inquisitive thinking, with a love of learning where independent thought is celebrated
- fosters in every child a clear understanding of themselves and what they can contribute to society
- helps pupils to recognise strengths in others and to understand how they are different and also encourages pupils to discover more about themselves
- instils in pupils the values of moral courage and inner strength to connect effectively with the modern world, not merely to succeed but to make things better for those around them
- helps to foster in pupils, former pupils, parents and staff pride in the S. Anselm’s community and for them to feel valued and nourished by the community.