All children at S. Anselm's play sport for 5 afternoons every week. Matches with other schools are mainly played on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons although there are some exceptions. A list of the schools we play against, their postcodes and telephone numbers are listed on our parents page which you can access by clicking here.
Children swim throughout the year in our indoor 20 metre pool and there are optional additional training and coaching sessions available twice a week. We have reached the IAPS finals in swimming for the last 2 years.
- Hockey in the Michaelmas term;
- Netball in the Lent term;
- Rounders, tennis and athletics in the summer term.
- Rugby in the Michaelmas term;
- Football and hockey in the Lent term;
- Cricket, tennis and athletics in the summer term.
Taking advantage of our local rugged surroundings all children do some cross-country running as well as our annual steeplechase. We regularly field very successful teams in cross-country as well.