In the Early Years we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum which is specially designed for children aged 0-5.
It ensures that each child is learning through high quality play-based activities, enabling the children to develop at their own pace, to have fun, make friends and learn as they play. In this way the children will become confident, inquisitive learners who, when the time comes, are well prepared for school.
The Nursery is spacious and well equipped, it has a large outdoor area and the staff and children take full advantage of the beautiful grounds of the school as a learning resource.
The children will access the EYFS curriculum’s seven areas of learning.
Three Prime areas –
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Four Specific areas-
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
The younger children will spend a greater proportion of their time engaging in activities which develop their skills in the Prime areas, moving into the specific areas when they are ready. Our curriculum is planned around the children’s interests and through this we provide a plethora of indoor and outdoor activities, conducive for effective learning and development.
The provision and support creates opportunities for-
- Playing and exploring – where the children investigate and experience things,
and ‘have a go'.
- Active learning – where the children concentrate and keep on trying if they
encounter difficulties, and enjoy their achievements.
- Creating and thinking critically – where the children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas, and develop strategies for doing things.
Our high adult to child ratios enable thorough observations and individual pupil tracking; whilst our in-depth knowledge of each child in our care allows us to tailor every child’s support to suit their unique requirements.