With a long tradition of educating Forces families, S. Anselm’s Preparatory School extends a warm welcome to children of service personnel, with a reassuring guarantee that fees will be charged at no more than 10% for those in full receipt of the Continuity of Education Allowance.
Located at the heart of the stunning Derbyshire Peak District. S. Anselm’s offers an outstanding educational experience within a safe, secure and happy learning environment.
A S. Anselm’s award winning education encapsulates a unique blend of traditional values with a firm focus on innovation, technology and creativity. Our Senior Prep programme (ages 12-13), is designed to encourage children to achieve their potential, to strive excellence, take on roles of responsibility and develop valuable leadership capabilities. It is these things combined that help ensure our pupils achieve places at the Senior Schools of their choice, with a number each year being awarded scholarships or exhibitions to the top Public Schools in the country.
In addition to all the benefits of a S. Anselm’s education that typically make us the first choice for parents, our experience of educating Forces children means support is always there both for pupils and parents.
For children whose parents have to serve outside the country or move bases regularly, our boarding provision is the home-from-home and term-time ‘family’ that ensures children can continue to thrive, surrounded by friends and supportive house parents and wider staff. We provide the consistency and stability to compensate for regular postings or sudden upheaval, the care and affection in the absence of parents and the understanding families need when faced with challenging circumstances.
Our boarding parents are experienced in caring for pupils from Forces families and appreciate the particular needs, worries, understanding and support required to ensure their individual school experience is both fulfilling and fun.
Evenings and weekends are filled with diverse and exciting activities, ensuring children experience a wide breadth of opportunities, friendship building activities and a school-life that is second to none.
Aspects of life at S. Anselm’s that may be of particular interest to Forces families include:
- A magnificent school location which offers plenty of varied opportunities for outdoor pursuits and fresh air that our boarders particularly enjoy.
- All Anselmians develop a sense of pride in important traditions and are renowned for their courtesy, kindness and willingness to help others.
- Engineering is offered to all pupils in the Preparatory School from Year 3 upwards* as a timetabled curriculum subject, alongside ICT and coding lessons, which are delivered in our state of the art ™LEGO Innovation Studio.
- Our Christian faith plays a central role in school life and our Chaplainis one of an experienced team of pastoral advisers who are always ready to lend an ear to any concerns or worries.
- From age 12, Senior Prep Pupils follow our leadership pathway, being encouraged to take on roles of responsibility, whilst our advanced Scholarship Programme ensures that pupils seeking Senior School scholarships receive the best possible coaching and mentoring to help achieve their goals.
Centrally located within the UK, S. Anselm’s is just one hour by car from central Manchester/45 minutes from Manchester airport, 25 minutes by car from the M1 (Junction 29) and 1 hr 50 mins from London St. Pancras by train (to Chesterfield).
Forces Fee Guarantee
S. Anselm’s Preparatory School is on the approved list for the Ministry of Defence Continuity of Education Allowance (CEA) for Forces children aged 8-18. For those eligible for the allowance, the school offers a guarantee of a boarding place for just 10% of full fees, plus any extras incurred.
Please contact our Director of Admissions for more information or to arrange a visit:
Tel: +44 (0)1629 812734 or email: email@example.com
*From September 2022
Request our prospectus
Simply tell us whether you would prefer a link to our
e-prospectus or a copy sent to you by post: