Beyond the Classroom
We feel it is very important that learning is not confined to the classroom and embrace opportunities to enrich children’s wider learning experiences throughout the Prep School.
We are fortunate in our central location within the UK, which makes travel to most destinations feasible in a school day – be it to visit an exhibition, historical site, geographical exploration or to see a major sporting fixture.
If we can offer children the opportunity to attend a concert, theatre performance or match, then we will.
The following recent visits are typical our termly programme:
- Burbage Valley, Derbyshire (River Geography)
- Cresswell Crags (Stoneage History)
- Uppingham Orchestral Day (Music)
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park (Art)
- Cromford Mills (Local Industrial History)
- Heights of Abraham (Local Geography)
- Dublin Chapel Choir Tour (Music)
We also arrange a number of annual residential tours and visits:
- Junior Forms Residential Trip
- Senior Forms Jersey Sports Tour
- Year 8 London visit
- Year 8 French Trip
- Annual Ski-Trip