The Saturday night/Sunday boarding programme always creates a buzz and is much anticipated throughout the week by our full boarders. After a full day of lessons and sporting fixtures on Saturday, our boarders are always ready to relax with their friends and let off steam.
Sunday mornings usually begin with a well-earned lie- in before everyone converges on the Dining Room at 9.30am to devour a full English breakfast.
We listen very carefully to what our children are saying to us in planning our activity programme, and if we feel that we can offer a requested activity, we will. Bakewell is in a super location, with lots happening in the town and surrounding villages, so if we get the opportunity to get the children on an outing, whether it be to see the latest film or to watch a premiership football match, then we will take them, and never an outing goes by without hot chocolates all round!
Recent weekend activities have included:
- Alton Towers
- Chatsworth Horse Trials
- Go Karting
- Crazy golf
- Raft building
- Visiting Christmas markets
- Visiting the local Farmers’ Market
- Pizza making
- Sailing at Carsington Water (with the annual S. Anselm’s Regatta in the Summer Term)
- Golf (with the annual S. Anselm’s Golf Day at The Cavendish Golf Club in Buxton)
- Seeing England play at Twickenham
- Walks, blackberry picking and snow fun
- Shopping in Manchester
- Films – both at the cinema and special film-nights held in school
- Boarders’ Feast
After Evensong and enjoying the full roast supper, Sunday evenings are typically relaxed and restful, with letter writing in the Dining Room and time to read and chat in the dorms before bedtime.